Fragen zu bestimmten Modelljahren 1964-1973, Entwicklungen, Sondermodellen

Moderatoren: SqlMaster, T5owner, TripleT

Antworten
srhenson
Fuhrpark: 2008 GT500 Shelby
1967 Ford T5 (currently being restored)

T5 German manual question

Beitrag von srhenson »

Hello, My name is Stacy Henson from Illinois in the US. I have owned my 1967 T5 since 1984. My car has the original owners manual in english, I have acquired a German version of the attached manual, its the first one I've seen. I believe it to be an operations manual. Can anyone tell me, did it come with a new car? Is it just the German version of the english manual? Did the new cars come with both manuals? Was it just for the T5 cars sold to non US people? Thank you for any replies.....

Hallo, mein Name ist Stacy Henson aus Illinois in den USA. Ich besitze meinen 1967 T5 seit 1984. Mein Auto hat die Original-Bedienungsanleitung in Englisch. Ich habe eine deutsche Version der beigefügten Bedienungsanleitung erworben, die erste, die ich gesehen habe. Ich halte es für ein Betriebshandbuch. Kann mir jemand sagen, ist es mit einem neuen Auto gekommen? Ist es nur die deutsche Version des englischen Handbuchs? Kamen die neuen Autos mit beiden Handbüchern? War es nur für die T5-Autos, die an Nicht-US-Amerikaner verkauft wurden? Vielen Dank für alle Antworten .....
Dateianhänge
IMG_0652 (Edited).jpg
IMG_0652 (Edited).jpg (419.5 KiB) 1164 mal betrachtet
T5owner
Clubmitglied: Nein
Fuhrpark: 1968 T-5
Fahrrad

Re: T5 German manual question

Beitrag von T5owner »

The later german T-5 booklet was printed in Germany , to our best knowledge not given to T-5 owners who used the military PX system, unless their car was delivered via a german Ford dealer (which was the case in some areas) and they asked for it (which US staff guy would do that). The german T-5 customers however should have received one (if it was available at the local dealer), any case of missing supply might have happened, so there is most probably no rule.

Die T-5 Heftchen (außer den bekannten gestempelten) wurden in Deutschland gedruckt, nach bestem Wissen nicht an US-Militärpersonen gegeben, die ihr Fahrzeug über das PX-System geordert haben, es sei denn, sie haben das Fahrzeug über einen deutschen Händler ausgeliefert bekommen. Es ist auch unwahrscheinlich, daß ein Amerikaner nach einer deutschen Anleitung fragt. Deutsche Käufer erhielten das Büchlein je nach Verfügbarkeit und Nachfrage vom Händler.

Wenn jemand einen anderen Fall kennt, einfach posten.
Wolfgang
Moderator http://www.mustang-inside.de
srhenson

Beitrag von srhenson »

Thank you for explaining, T5owner. I wasn't sure if the German manual was the same as my English manual or not.

Also,It never crossed my mind that some cars were purchased thru the PX. I attached the pic of my Owners manual, does it mean mine was purchased at a dealer?

P.S. I've sent for the Elite Marti report.
Dateianhänge
Owners manual.JPG
Owners manual.JPG (96.94 KiB) 1092 mal betrachtet
stang-fan69
Clubmitglied: Ja
Fuhrpark: 69 Mustang Grande 351W
92 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
93 Mustang GT 5.0 Cobra R Clone
72 Ford Fairmont XY GT 351C

Beitrag von stang-fan69 »

srhenson hat geschrieben: I attached the pic of my Owners manual, does it mean mine was purchased at a dealer?

Hi Stacy
I don´t speak dutch, but

"Kanaaldok 202-204 Antwerpen"

could be the area of the harbor, where the car arrived, when it was imported from the US. Antwerpen is a city with a big harbor in Belgium.

I don´t think this is the adress of a Ford dealership.

So, I would say, that this is no evidence where the car was bought. Could be via a dealership, but also via the PX, for example.
Viele Grüsse

Andi
Bild
srhenson

Beitrag von srhenson »

stang-fan69 hat geschrieben:
srhenson hat geschrieben: I attached the pic of my Owners manual, does it mean mine was purchased at a dealer?

Hi Stacy
I don´t speak dutch, but

"Kanaaldok 202-204 Antwerpen"

could be the area of the harbor, where the car arrived, when it was imported from the US. Antwerpen is a city with a big harbor in Belgium.

I don´t think this is the adress of a Ford dealership.

So, I would say, that this is no evidence where the car was bought. Could be via a dealership, but also via the PX, for example.

Thanks for that Stang-Fan,
That never crossed my mind thatv it was the ship harbor......., I just assumed that it was an dealership address. I have the Marti report on order, so it may shed some light on this. Thanks for the reply!
Flydoc65
Fuhrpark: 71er und 17er Mustang

Beitrag von Flydoc65 »

It´s the postal adress of Ford Motor Co SA Belgium:
https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/FRDB:BB
LG Viktor
srhenson

Beitrag von srhenson »

Thank you FlyDoc65!

I'm learning so much more on this forum!
Flydoc65
Fuhrpark: 71er und 17er Mustang

Beitrag von Flydoc65 »

WE try harder, Stacy! I´m Viktor, FlyDoc is just the nickname ;) Did you serve in Germany? Regards
LG Viktor
srhenson

Beitrag von srhenson »

Flydoc65 hat geschrieben:WE try harder, Stacy! I´m Viktor, FlyDoc is just the nickname ;) Did you serve in Germany? Regards

Hi Viktor! No I did not serve in Germany. I did speak with the original owner about 25 years ago that did serve in the US army and purchased my car in Germany.

Although, I do work for a German parent company and have visited Germany twice.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Mustang Historie“